New Romance: Incorporating Lace Into Your Wardrobe
By Laura Leiva
Want to step out of your comfort zone and don some sexy lace pieces for the warmer season? You can easily dress it up or down depending on your mood. Here are a few tips to styling lace:
· Contrast it with something unexpected. Lace is dainty, which means you can easily pair it with something more neutral for a fun look. Think about adding a denim jacket over a lace top or dress.
· Look at past trends. The 80s were big for incorporating lace into stylish outfits – check out icons like Madonna or Cyndi Lauper for some style tips if you really want to get fashion-forward!
· Accessorize with vintage pieces. Balance vintage and modern by pairing a lace dress with solid, neutral undergarments and a pair of vintage boots or simple handbag. Keep things simple, as the lace is acting as the statement piece.
· Put your own twist on it. At the end of the day, you can do whatever you want with your style! If that means paring a lace blouse, jeans and combat boots, then go for it. Dressing lace up or down gives you plenty of options for day or night.
· Add a splash of color. Since lace usually comes in solid tones of black or white, use that as an opportunity to add a splash of color through accessories!
Lace is gorgeous and easier to style than you might think. This season, get creative and wear your lace pieces with pride!